A la Carte's Note:
This is from BBC food - I haven't made it yet, but I will! This is what BBC sez about them: "These tender little fishcakes are flavoured with chilli and coriander and, when served with a crunchy Asian coleslaw, make a really well balanced and rather smart lunch or supper." Sounds good to me!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 cm fresh gingerroot, grated
- 1 fresh mild red chile, de-seeded and roughly chopped
- 250 g white fish fillets (such as hoki, coley or cod, cubed)
- 200 g shelled raw tiger shrimp
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lime, grated rind and juice only
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1/2 Chinese cabbage
- 2 carrots
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 50 g bean sprouts
- 1Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
- 2Place the garlic, ginger and chilli in a food processor and whiz until finely minced.
- 3Add the fish and prawns and a little salt and pepper.
- 4Finally, add the coriander and blend again (if you add it at the beginning with the ginger it will turn the mixture green).
- 5Wet your hands with cold water, give them a good shake, then shape the fish and prawn mixture into 12 cakes.
- 6Transfer to a lined baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- 7Meanwhile, stir together the lime rind and juice, soy sauce, fish sauce and caster sugar and set aside.
- 8Using a mandolin or big knife, finely slice the cabbage, carrots, red onion, beansprouts and add lime dressing.
- 9Pile onto plates and serve with the prawn and ginger cakes.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prawn & Ginger Cakes (With Crunchy Salad)
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 152.8
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 117.8 mg
- Sodium 452.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 23.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: