Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Preparing traditional potato pancakes can be a time consuming process....so you'll really relish this recipe. That's because there's no need to grate potatoes. By using frozen hash browns(or even quicker to use refrigerated shredded hash browns), these "spud-tacular" palate-pleasing pancakes are ready in a hurry! Recipe from TOH. I sometimes add some cheddar cheese in with the mixture.
- 946.36 ml frozen shredded hash browns
- 118.29 ml onion, finely chopped
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley, minced
- 29.58 ml milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- vegetable oil
- Place hash browns in a strainer and rinse with cold water until thawed. Drain thoroughly; transfer to a large bowl. Add onion, parsley, milk, eggs, flour and salt; mix well. In a skillet over medium heat, heat 1/4 inches of oil. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into hot oil. Fry until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels.
- Optional: Serve with sour cream or applesauce.
- Note: If using refrigerated hash browns, skip the first step.
Delicious! My family loved them!...I followed the recipe exactly plus added 1/2 t pepper.
Great recipe with shortcut on potatoes. Try with a lil of BOTH sour cream & applesauce...yummy! Flavor explosion!
I love potato pancakes but hate shredding! Found refrigerated ones at the grocery store... Delicious with sour cream and I threw a few green onions in the mix too...