Recipe by diner524
Preparing traditional potato pancakes can be a time consuming process....so you'll really relish this recipe. That's because there's no need to grate potatoes. By using frozen hash browns(or even quicker to use refrigerated shredded hash browns), these "spud-tacular" palate-pleasing pancakes are ready in a hurry! Recipe from TOH. I sometimes add some cheddar cheese in with the mixture.
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash browns
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place hash browns in a strainer and rinse with cold water until thawed. Drain thoroughly; transfer to a large bowl. Add onion, parsley, milk, eggs, flour and salt; mix well. In a skillet over medium heat, heat 1/4 inches of oil. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into hot oil. Fry until golden brown on both sides. Drain on paper towels.
- Optional: Serve with sour cream or applesauce.
- Note: If using refrigerated hash browns, skip the first step.