1/1 Photo of Pork Stew for the Crock Pot
5 hrs 25 mins
Mindi Bunch's Note:
My family loves this stew! It tastes great and warms the tummy on a cold afternoon. It comes from my favorite cookbook, 365 Favorite Brand Name Slow Cooker Recipes & More.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 3 lbs fresh lean boneless pork butt, cut into cubes
- 2 medium white onions, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomatillos, drained & chopped or 1 cup husked and chopped fresh tomatillo
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 large tomato, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped or 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds (optional)
- 1Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add pork; cook 10 minutes or until browned on all sides.
- 3Remove and set aside.
- 4Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in skillet.
- 5Add onions, garlic, cumin, and oregano; cook and stir 2 minutes or until soft.
- 6Combine pork, onion mixture and remaining ingredients except rice and almonds in crock pot; mix well.
- 7Cover and cook on low 5 hours or until pork is tender and barely pink in center.
- 8Serve over rice and sprinkle with almonds, if desired.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Stew for the Crock Pot
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 451.5
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.8 g
- Cholesterol 89.8 mg
- Sodium 356.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 28.4 g