Classic Cheesy Lasagna
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons salad oil (recipe calls for but I do not use) or 2 tablespoons olive oil (recipe calls for but I do not use)
- 1 (1 lb) can tomatoes
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano leaves
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese (shredded or thinly sliced)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In large heavy pan, lightly brown beef and onion in oil.
- Add tomatoes (put through blender or cut with edge of spoon), tomato paste, water, parsley, salt, sugar, garlic powder, pepper, and oregano.
- Simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook lasagna as directed on package.
- Drain lasagna.
- In 13x9x2-inch baking pan, spread about 1 cup sauce.
- Alternate layers of lasagna, sauce, ricotta, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese, ending with sauce, mozzarella, and parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 40-50 minutes until lightly brown and bubbly.
- Allow to stand 15 minutes; cut in squares to serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
"<p>I live in Tennessee and am just the ole typical southern cook. I learned from the best, my mom! She has inspired me for years on her expertise dishes. I enjoy challenging dishes, trying new dishes, and coordinating great wines with each meal. I am not afraid to alter recipes to my tasting and have a knack for confidence in the kitchen. By day, I am a medical secretary. I love my family and love to travel. I love to entertain and mingle among family and friends. I am at peace mostly with the beach.</p>"
Join The Conversation
Yaaayyy!! Thanks Melanie for helping my husband and I w/ our 1st lasagna. It looked so good being put together, and we were praying "please don't disappoint"!! You know, how things can look so good and then... Anyway, I grew up on my mum's lasagna and I love it, but this was great too - less greasy even b/c she uses cheddar. I minorly added a bit more oregano and parsley. We were really happy. So thanks again for sharing and helping us develop our skills. Going in the keeper file! Oh yeah, we used ready for the oven pasta which was fine and worked, but not the same as properly cooked lasagna noodle. :)