Quick Wheat Germ Bread
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I found this in the "Favorite Brand Names: Gifts From the Kitchen" cookbook and I am posting for safekeeping.
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup wheat germ, divided
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1 cup buttermilk (see directions for substitute directions)
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 8x4" loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Measure 2 Tbsp wheat germ; set aside.
- Combine remaining wheat germ, flours, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Add raisins; stir until coated. Beat buttermilk, butter and egg in small bowl until blended. Stir into flour mixture. Pour into prepared pan; sprinkle with reserved 2 Tbsp wheat germ.
- Bake 40-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool 30 minutes on wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION