Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
365 Easy Italian Recipes Serves 6-8
- 1 boneless pork loin roast
- 6 garlic cloves, cut in half
- 3 bay leaves, cut in half
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup dry marsala
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 475. Make 12 slits in pork and stud pieces of garlic. Sprinkle with bay leaves.
- Put pork in roasting pan. Rub with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Roast pork 15 minutes. Turn oven down to 350 and roast for 1 hour longer, turning once. Remove meat to carving board and over with foil to keep warm.
- Skim fat from pan juices. Set pan over low heat, add marsala and water, bring to a boil, scraping brown bits from the bottom of the pan. Boil until liquid is reduced to ¾ cup, about 5 minutes.
- Slice pork and drizzle pan juices over meat.