Recipe by McNealman345
I put this together last night. I had thawed out a small pork roast a few days ago and needed to use it before went bad. The rest of the ingredients were things I had in the fridge or freezer (I had not been to the grocery in a while). I thought this came out great, although it is not very orginal.
- 1 lb pork, cubed (or chicken)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (10 ounce) box spinach, thwd, sqzd dry & chopd
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- salt & pepper
- rice or pasta
Directions See How It's Made
- Shake flour, salt, pepper & meat together.
- Heat oil in pan and brown meat quickly and remove.
- Reduce heat and saute onion until slightly soft, add celery and garlic and cooke a minut more.
- Add broth, basil & nutmeg. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 or 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn up heat, add spinach, cream cheese & salt & pepper. Stir until cheese is completely melted. Turn off heat & let stand for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice or pasta.