This recipe was created for the crockpot cooking CrazE cooking contest.
Make and share this Pork Loin Served With Cranberry Apple Chutney recipe from Food.com.
- 3 -4 lbs pork loin roast
- 3 leeks, chopped and well rinsed (use the white part and an inch or two of the green)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 (12 ounce) bag cranberries
- 1 cup apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄3 cup celery, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 4 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 8 ounces cream cheese, as desired and to be added at serving time only
- Put leeks in the bottom of the slow cooker. Lightly salt and pepper the roast. Rub garlic powder on the roast. Place roast in the slow cooker. Combine remaining ingredients listed down thru "curry powder" in the cooker and spoon over the roast.
- Chutney - Ingredients begin with the cranberries — In a small saucepan on the stovetop, combine water, juice and sugar. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Add other ingredients and bring to a boil. Simmer gently for approximately 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove chutney from the heat. Pour chutney mixture into the slow cooker covering the pork loin roast.
- Cook roast on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove roast from the crockpot, keep warm. Pour juices into a medium saucepan on the stovetop. Add 1 T. cornstarch with 1 T. cold water and stir until smooth. Stir into the juices and continue cooking for one minute. Serve with a dollop of cream cheese.