1/3 Photos of Pork Chops with Crust of Onions
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large pork chops (center-cut, with bone in weighing about 10 oz each)
- white pepper, Freshly Ground
- 5 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh tarragon, Chopped or 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- fresh thyme
- dried thyme
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 2/3 cup chicken stock
- 2/3 cup fresh homemade breadcrumbs
- 2/3 cup parmesan cheese, Freshly Grated
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper.
- 2Melt 2 1/2 tablespoons of butter in a large heavy frying pan over medium-high heat and brown chops on both sides, turning frequently so they do not stick.
- 3Remove from pan, sprinkle with tarragon, cover and keep warm.
- 4Add another tablespoon of butter to the pan drippings and saute onions for 3 minutes or until soft and golden.
- 5Spread 2/3 of the onions in the bottom of a shallow casserole, arrange chops, tarragon-side down on top.
- 6Sprinkle lightly with thyme and cover with onions.
- 7Pour wine into pan, bring to a boil, add chicken stock, return to the boil and cook until liquid is reduced to about 2/3 of a cup.
- 8Pour mixture over chops.
- 9Combine bread crumbs and cheese, spread over onions and chops.
- 10Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter and drizzle it over the crumbs.
- 11Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chops with Crust of Onions
Serving Size: 1 (387 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1120.0
- Calories from Fat 567
- Total Fat 63.0 g
- Saturated Fat 26.8 g
- Cholesterol 370.8 mg
- Sodium 827.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 104.5 g