Savory Pork Chops With Caramelized Onions
- Ready In:
- 4 pork rib chops, 1 1/4 -to 1 1/2-inch
- 4 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 cups sweet onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Sprinkle pork chops evenly with Cajun seasoning and pepper.
- Grill, covered with grill lid, over medium high heat (350°F to 400°F) 8 minutes on each side. Serve with Caramelized Onions.
- CARAMELIZED ONIONS:.
- Cook onion in hot olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, 10 to 12 minutes or until golden. Sprinkle with sugar, and cook 2 minutes. Add vinegar and next 3 ingredients, and cook 2 minutes. Serve warm or cold.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
A really nice mid-week dinner. I made a few adjustments based on necessity. Used "loin" chops because it's what I had, and pan-fried in a small amount of oil because it was 20 degrees outside. And since I was using a Penzey's cajun spice mixture that was labeled "very hot", I reduced the amount to 3 teaspoons. (Good thing, because they weren't just woofin' about the heat level!) Despite the fact that they weren't grilled, the chops exceeded expectations. Very yummy! But we were a little disappointed in the onions. I followed directions exactly on those, but they were just too sweet for everyone. Next time, I'm going to decrease the sugar and add more lemon juice and pepper. This is such a nice recipe, with very clear instructions and plenty of room to adapt to personal taste. Thanks for sharing, lazyme.
Fabulous! I used <a href="/28100">Cajun Seasoning</a> for the cajun seasoning. It was raining outside so I used my George Foreman Grill. My chops were boneless and about 3/4 inch thick so I cooked them for 6-8 minutes. I loved the carmelized onions and next time I will double them! You won't go wrong if you make this simple recipe!