1/1 Photo of Plum Chutney
1 hr 10 mins
In our backyard, there is a plum tree and it went crazy last season and we had oodles of plums. I was looking for ways to use the fruit and found this delicious recipe for chutney that came from the Red Castle Inn B&B in Nevada City, CA. I gave three of the jars away as Christmas gifts and it was a hit!
My Private Note
half pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine sugars and vinegar in a large saucepan.
- 2Bring to a boil, stirring until sugars dissolve.
- 3Add remaining ingredients; mix well and bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat and cook gently 45-50 minutes until thickened.
- 5Stir often to keep chutney from scorching.
- 6Pour into hot sterilized jars and seal.
- 7**Allowat least one month to season before opening.
Browse Our Top Chutneys Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Plum Chutney
Serving Size: 1 (1350 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 567.7
- Calories from Fat 9
- Total Fat 1.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1190.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 142.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 132.8 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: