Apple, Plum and Walnut Chutney
- Ready In:
- 90hrs 30mins
- 5 large cooking apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 12 blood plums, stoned and sliced
- 2 large onions, roughly chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sultana
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 cups vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Combine all the ingredients in an enamel-lined saucepan, and simmer gently for one-and-a-half to two hours until thick.
- Spoon into hot sterilised jars. Cool and seal.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!