Chef #901913's Note:
All the flavors of a Greek pizza make these savory muffins bite-size treats for adults and kids alike. 39 calories per muffin. great for any diet and healthy too.
My Private Note
mini mu ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 2/3 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup low-fat milk
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 large egg, well beaten
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped kalamata olives
- 1Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and bell pepper; cook, stirring often, until the onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool for 10 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400°F Coat a mini-muffin pan with cooking spray.
- 3Whisk whole-wheat pastry flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, oregano, sugar, garlic powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- 4Stir milk, feta, egg, tomato paste and olives into the onion mixture. Make a well in the dry ingredients; add the wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Fill the prepared muffin cups two-thirds full.
- 5Bake the muffins until lightly browned, 13 to 15 minutes. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pizza Muffins-Eating Well Magazine
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 38.0
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 10.8 mg
- Sodium 99.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 1.2 g