1/4 Photos of Pineapple Meatballs
1 hr 25 mins
This is a family favourite; my teenage son eats at least 2 servings himself. Cooking time includes the browning of the meatballs, although you can brown them in the oven on a cookie sheet and make the sauce at the same time, saving yourself a little time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- 2First, make the meatballs: combine all meatball ingredients (there's 7, beef to garlic powder) in a bowl and mix well; shape into 1-inch balls.
- 3Brown them in a nonstick frying pan (I do it in 3 batches) until browned all over; drain on paper towel then place in a large ungreased casserole dish.
- 4To make sauce, combine brown sugar and cornstarch in a large saucepan, then whisk in the 1-3/4 cup pineapple juice/water combination until mixture is smooth.
- 5Add vinegar, soy sauce and worcestershire sauce; stir.
- 6Simmer, uncovered, on medium-low heat for about 8 minutes, or until thickened.
- 7Pour sauce over meatballs and add pineapple tidbits; stir gently to combine until meatballs are coated with sauce.
- 8Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- 9If you want a lot, this recipe doubles well.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pineapple Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (375 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 559.4
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 160.2 mg
- Sodium 869.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 50.3 g
- Protein 34.7 g