Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Once again, I am offering another of my personal favorite curry dishes. As you can tell I love red curry and shrimp. I can never pass this dish up its just too yummy. Another dish that I have altered to suit my own tastes. I hope that you will find this to your liking.
- 2⁄3 cup fresh pineapple, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, sweet, thinly sliced
- 2 cups coconut cream
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 24 shrimp, jumbo, raw, shelled and deveined (leave tailshell on)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 6 cups noodles, cellaphane, cooked
- 4 sprigs basil, thai (garnish)
- In a large pot add the pineapple, coconut cream, curry paste, fish sauce and sugar.
- Cook on medium high heat, but do not boil.
- Add the shrimp and cilantro and simmer until the shrimp turn a bright pink color, about 3 - 5 minutes.
- Serve over top the cellaphane noodles and garnish with fresh basil.
Fantastic!!! We loved this incredible dish -- DH went back for thirds - maybe more. The only change we made was to use rice vs. noodles. I also used green onions since the recipe did not specify what type of onions. I will be making this dish again for sure. We served it with a salad & Indonesia Inspired Salad Dressing. Made for the Everyday is a Holiday tag, November, 2011.
WOW!! So absolutely delectable I'm looking forward to making this again and again. And the bonus is it is really quick and easy too. I can see why you describe it as a 'personal favourite curry dish'. If you are a fan of seafood curry, you simply MUST try this recipe. You won't be disappointed, I promise you.
I had never tried red curry paste before, so I was looking forward to trying it. I tasted a little bit on its own, and found it to have a little heat, but not too hot, a nice tart flavor, and many more subtle flavors as well. It made a delicious tropical-tasting sauce when mixed with the pineapple and coconut cream. Cilantro always brightens up a dish, and with the shrimp and noodles this made a perfect light dinner. I can't wait to serve this when we have friends over this summer. It cooks up so fast that I don't have to be away in the kitchen for more than a few minutes. Thanks, BK, for introducing me to a new and delicious way to cook shrimp.