Recipe by Baby Kato
Once again, I am offering another of my personal favorite curry dishes. As you can tell I love red curry and shrimp. I can never pass this dish up its just too yummy. Another dish that I have altered to suit my own tastes. I hope that you will find this to your liking.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Fantastic!!! We loved this incredible dish -- DH went back for thirds - maybe more. The only change we made was to use rice vs. noodles. I also used green onions since the recipe did not specify what type of onions. I will be making this dish again for sure. We served it with a salad & recipe#440673. Made for the Everyday is a Holiday tag, November, 2011.
- 2⁄3 cup fresh pineapple, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, sweet, thinly sliced
- 2 cups coconut cream
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 teaspoons brown sugar
- 24 shrimp, jumbo, raw, shelled and deveined (leave tailshell on)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, fresh, chopped
- 6 cups noodles, cellaphane, cooked
- 4 sprigs basil, thai (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot add the pineapple, coconut cream, curry paste, fish sauce and sugar.
- Cook on medium high heat, but do not boil.
- Add the shrimp and cilantro and simmer until the shrimp turn a bright pink color, about 3 - 5 minutes.
- Serve over top the cellaphane noodles and garnish with fresh basil.