1/1 Photo of Picnic Potato Salad
This mayonnaise-less potato salad recipe is from a James Beard cookbook. Be sure to pour the bacon drippings over the potatoes while the drippings are still hot so they will be absorbed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rub sides and bottom of bowl with a crushed garlic clove.
- 2Peel potatoes while hot and place in bowl.
- 3Let potatoes stand until cool.
- 4In another bowl, slice cucumbers and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 5Slice cooled potatoes and pour heated bacon fat over them.
- 6Combine potatoes with cucumbers and onions and toss lightly.
- 7Add oil and vinegar and again toss lightly.
- 8Let stand 2 hours before serving.
- 9Add more oil and vinegar if needed.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Picnic Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (350 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 460.3
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.5 g
- Cholesterol 6.1 mg
- Sodium 614.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 6.2 g
- Protein 7.7 g