Potato Salad With Sour Cream and Bacon
- Ready In:
- 3 lbs red potatoes, cut and quartered
- 10 eggs
- 1⁄2 lb low sodium bacon
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Boil potatoes with skins on until almost fork tender yet somewhat firm. Drain, cool, and cut into small chunks. Set aside.
- Hard boil eggs; cool. Chop nine; leave one whole. Set aside.
- Fry bacon until crisp; drain on paper towel; crumble and set aside.
- In large bowl add potatoes, chopped eggs, bacon, celery, onion, and bacon drippings.
- Add sour cream, mayonnaise, and spices.
- Gently fold mixture together being careful not to mash potatoes.
- Top with one sliced egg and sprinkle with paprika. Cover tightly and refrigerate.
- NOTE: Prep time includes cooking time.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Mom always added sour cream, bacon and bacon drippings to her potato salad and folks loved it. I've dressed it up a little, adding celery, different spices and more eggs than she did. Mom, of course, never measured. In order to post I measured all the ingredients and must say I have given mom a run for her money. Hope you enjoy.