Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
If you are an onion lover, then this is a must-try! This recipe makes a huge amount, and is great for a get together.. wonderful served with roast beef sandwiches! Plan ahead, this has to marinate for 24 hours or overnight. This is delicious, and gets even better with age LOL!...you will love this!
- 4 large onions, sliced (extra-large)
- 1 1⁄2 cups white vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- pepper (optional)
- 2 -3 minced fresh garlic cloves
- 1 cup sour cream (low-fat is okay)
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients EXCEPT the sour cream and celery seeds; mix well to combine.
- Cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day: drain well, and stir in the sour cream and celery seeds; mix well to combine.
- Serve in a bowl.
okay another winner Kit this is perfect flavor I may give it a go with other vegetables so delicious, thank you Kit I didn't use the celery seed