Pickled Red Onions
photo by K9 Owned
- Ready In:
- 1 large red onion, halved through core, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons whole black peppercorns
- 1⁄2 cinnamon stick
- Place onion slices in medium bowl.
- Bring next 5 ingredients to boil in heavy medium saucepan; pour over onions in bowl.
- Cover; cool to room temperature.
- Chill overnight.
- DO AHEAD: Can be made 3 weeks ahead. Keep chilled.
- Drain before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Spot on! These are great and so easy to do. I told DH that they keep for 3 weeks and he looked at me picking at the bowl and said "Not likely". lol. I'm going to hide them at the back of the fridge because I know that they will just improve over time. Thanks for posting! Made for Culinary Quest 2014
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hi and thanks for visiting my AM page. My name is Vicki and I love to cook. I've always been an avid collector of recipes and cookbooks - in fact I have over 1200 cookbooks on my computer alone.</p> 8724165"