Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These pesto meatballs won't last long. Simple ingredients with bold flavors. Serve as the main course or as an appetizer.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground elk
- 6 tablespoons pesto sauce
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients and ¼ cup breadcrumbs. Mix all ingredients together by hand and place in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Put remaining breadcrumbs in a bowl. Shape meatballs into round balls, roll in breadcrumbs and place on a non-stick cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes turning meatballs after the first 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy.
Recipe was great! Everyone loved the flavor. It doesn't tell you the baking temp but I baked at 400 degrees for 20 min. Will make this again. Thanks!