Recipe by ShaGun
My husband makes this every year for our church's chili cook-off. He has placed every single time he's entered it. Half the judges always tell him that this was the best chili they've ever had.
Top Review by bmcnichol
This was good but differen for us. I normally make chili with beans. We thought there wasn't enough sauce so I added another cup of beef broth and another can of tomato sauce. I also only used four tablespoons of chili powder because I was afraid eight would be too much for us. I also forgot the onion powder. We enjoyed it. My one son ate it on tostido chips and chips.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons minced onions
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 8 tablespoons chili powder, divided
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cumin, divided
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef in oil.
- Add in broth, bouillon, tomato sauce, onion, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 2 Tablespoons chili powder, and tabasco.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 1 hour.
- Add salt and pepper, onion powder, 1teaspoon Garlic powder, chili powder, 1 tablespoon cumin, paprika, and 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes. Stir and simmer another hour.
- Add remaining cumin and red pepper flakes, stir, and cook 30 more minutes.
- Best if prepared the day before and reheated the next day.