Recipe by salvador1709
From the MDC kitchen to yours.
Top Review by waynejohn1234
Not often we see aspics on the table but they are refreshing. This is certainly one of the best I have found - nice and spicy and doesn't taste just like tomato juice. Highly recommend, especially on a hot day with cold cuts and cheese.
- 2 (1/4 ounce) envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- snow peas or red peppers or toasted sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- In small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water and let stand to soften.
- In a medium saucepan heat tomato juice, chopped red pepper and onion Simmer for 15 minutes.
- In food processor or blender puree tomato juice mixture, add Worcestershire, hot pepper sauce and softened gelatin, stir until dissolved.
- Pour into a rinsed 6-cup mould or 8 individual moulds.
- Cover with foil.
- Chill until firm, at least 6 hours.
- To serve unmould onto serving plate.
- Garnish with garnish ingredients.