Recipe by Suzanne S.
This is an old recipe I've had in my to-try file for about a decade. It was so delicious and flavorful and came together fairly simply. Will make this a part of my lineup!
- 680.38 g boneless sirloin steaks
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 304.75 g can beef broth, undiluted
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 medium green peppers, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2.46 ml garlic salt
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 4.92 ml cornstarch
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Partially freeze steak, slice across grain into 2 x 1/4" strips. Brown steak in oil in a skillet over medium high heat 4-6 minutes. Add Broth, onions, peppers, garlic salt and ginger. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Combine cornstarch, sugar and soy sauce, stirring well. Add to beef mixture. Bring to boil, boil one minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add tomato wedges, toss gently. Serve over rice.