1/2 Photos of Penne With Sausage, Peas and Mascarpone
A good pasta dish from the RSVP section of Bon Appetit, September 1995. If you cannot find mascarpone, mix 6 tablespoons cream cheese with 5 tablespoons whipping cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute sausages in Dutch oven over high heat until brown, breaking into small pieces with back of spoon, about 12 minutes. Using slotted spoon, transfer sausage to bowl. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon drippings.
- 2Add onion and saute until light brown, about 6 minutes.
- 3Add cream; boil 5 minutes. Add broth; boil until reduced to sauce consistency, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Return sausage to pot.
- 4Cook penne in large pot of boiling salted water until pasta is just tender but still firm to bite.
- 5Meanwhile, bring sauce to simmer over medium heat. Add peas and mascarpone and simmer until peas are tender, about 6 minutes.
- 6Drain pasta. Add to sauce; toss to coat. Mix in Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to large bowl; serve.
Browse Our Top Penne Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Penne Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Penne With Sausage, Peas and Mascarpone
Serving Size: 1 (352 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 824.9
- Calories from Fat 417
- Total Fat 46.3 g
- Saturated Fat 22.1 g
- Cholesterol 138.8 mg
- Sodium 1007.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.7 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 31.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: