Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Got this from a magazine, have made a couple of times and always enjoyed it. Very rich tasting. Enjoy!!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons white wine or 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 14 1⁄2 ounces Italian tomatoes, diced with Italian herbs, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces penne pasta, cooked, drained
- 1 cup black olives, drained, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- Heat oil in large skillet. Add onion and saute for 2-3 minutes until tender.
- Add chicken broth, cook 1 minute.
- Stir in tomatoes, cream, pasta, olives and cheese; heat thoroughly, stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle with green onions and serve.
This was really good and faster than I expected. I added some artichoke hearts and red pepper flakes for a little kick, but otherwise followed the recipe exactly. Thanks!
This was easy and enjoyed by the family. I used chicken broth instead of the wine. The green onions were a nice addition with the black olives. Thanks Chefraylene. Roxygirl