Asian Chicken Ravioli With V8 Creamy Tomato Sauce
Am PROUD to say, THIS recipe MAKES MY DAY! Was Masterchef cook off winner of the day, Has "boosted my confidence" beyond words, OK?
- Ready In:
- 250 g ground chicken
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 spring onions
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon pine nuts
- 1⁄4 cup tomato juice
- 1⁄4 red onion
- 4 tablespoons thickened cream
- 8 ounces wonton wrappers
- black pepper
- Mix first 10 ingredients in a bowl and marinate 6 – 8 hours or overnight.
- Thinly slice red onion; heat pan then add oil; sauté red onion until soft; set to low adding V8 and cream until boil; simmer up to 5 minutes.
- Place one wrapper on surface, fill middle with chicken mince mixture; brush edges with water; place second wrapper on top and seal; continue with wrappers and chicken mixture; set aside.
- Cook ravioli in saucepan of boiled water for about 2 -3 minutes; drain on paper towel on flat plate until all are done.
- Place cooked ravioli in serving bowls, topped with sauce, pine nuts, basil and black pepper.
- Chicken in UNCOOKED.
- Used V8 Hot and spicy.
- Finely dice spring onion, garlic, ginger and finely slice red onion.
- Can use pork mince or pork/veal combination, TRUE!
- Regular variety V8 or passata (cooked tomato concentrate) as a substitute too!
- Tamari (a soy sauce made without wheat), has rich texture and intense flavour,.
- Easily found at local supermarkets, I think this recipe is one to savour.
- HELPFUL HINTS: When ravioli floats to the top, they are done.
- Can rip fresh basil into the sauce --- provides more flavour; do not dice or chop.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation