Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is delicious! I love how easy it comes together. Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home Contest Winning Recipes Annual Recipes 2010 and Janet Edwards of Beaverton, Oregon. I enjoyed this with brown rice, but use what you prefer or have on hand.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine or 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 small green pepper, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 lb medium shrimp (uncooked, peeled and deveined)
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- rice (hot, cooked)
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Stir in the corn syrup, soy sauce, sherry or broth, garlic, and ginger and set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry green pepper in hot oil for 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp and stir-fry 3 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink.
- Stir in the cornstarch mixture and add to the pan.
- Bring to a boil and cook and stir 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Add tomato and heat through.
- Serve with rice if desired.