Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
My mom makes these every christmas, and when we bring them to my grandmas, they are gobbled up right away! Enjoy! (oh, and a mint tart shaper from pampered chef is Veerrryy useful to have while making these!) I'm pretty sure this recipe came with the mini tart shaper!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, chopped
- For tart shells: beat butter and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add flour, mix until soft dough forms.
- Cover, chill at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls, place into mini-muffin pan.
- form into little shells with floured fingers. (this is where the tart shaper comes in handy!).
- For Filling: Mix the rest of the ingrediants well.
- Fill tart shells evenly with mixture.
- Bake 20-25 minute or until a light, golden brown.
- Remove from pan and place on cooling rack.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Yum! We love pecan tassies, and these did not disappoint! A tart shaper would definitely be helpful when making this recipe. These mini bites would be perfect for a shower or dinner party, where finger foods are served. Wonderful with coffee! I will save this to my 'make again' file! Thanks so much for sharing, swimmer175!