Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is good served warm with vanilla ice cream!
Make and share this Pear and Walnut Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 ripe firm pears, unpeeled,cored and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter and flour a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Sift first 5 ingredients into medium bowl.
- Using electric mixer, beat brown sugar, oil, eggs, sugar, water and vanilla in large bowl until very smooth.
- Blend in dry ingredients.
- Stir in pears and walnuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake about 55 mins.
This cake is wonderful...very moist! We loved the pear/walnut combination and everyone asked for the resipe. Thanks again, Renee Ferraz for sharing this.
This is not only any easy recipe to follow but the results are fantastic. You don't have to peel the pears, just core & cut into chunks!! <br/>I originally tried this recipe more than 30 years ago & was feeling traumatized when I lost 1/2 of the recipe (written on 2 index cards). Can't tell you have relieved I am to have found the exact recipe on Food.com....THANK YOU.<br/>To anyone who wants an easy, quick & satisfying desert, you can't go wrong with this one. Your friends & family will be surprised that you've used pears (people tend to think there is apple in the receipe I would gues because it is so sweet). Also, to add another layer of sweetness, I sprinkle powdered sugar on top. You can also make it in a bunt pan which gives it another 'layer of intrigue'.<br/>Enjoy! We do!
Very tasty cake just the way it was written. So nice and moist. Will make again. Thanks for posting.