Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I see lots of recipes for Peanut Noodles but I don't see this one. This is fron Rachael Ray magazine. As written, this makes more sauce than needed to suit my taste but I will post exactly as written in magazine and you can make up your own mind. My kids LOVE this.
- 1 lb spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste (or more to taste)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (13 1/2 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- In large pot of boiling, salted water, cook pasta. Drain and return to pot (I usually do this while preparing the sauce).
- In a large, deep skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Stir in the curry paste and cook til shiny and fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Take care not to burn it.
- Whisk in broth, coconut milk and 1/4 cup of water and bring to gentle boil, stirring constantly, over medium hight heat; cook 3 minutes.
- Whisk in peanut butter, fish sauce, sugar and soy sauce to form a smooth sauce, about 1 minute.
- Toss the sauce with the noodles and serve.
This was a great sauce, but as mentioned, it makes a LOT. We had plenty for tonight and enough for another night's dinner to be frozen. I chopped a bunch of green onions and threw them in at the end of the cooking time. We just needed the color. Next time, I'll also add some julienned carrots to the noodles while they cook. I'm sure it's just us, but we found the flavor to be too mild. Next time, I'll double the curry paste, and maybe add some extra ginger and garlic. In all, it was a great addition and we enjoyed it! Thanks Happy Mom.
These were so good! I made this recipe exactly as written, but my curry paste is really hot, so next time I'll have to use less... This makes quite a lot of sauce, but it is really delicious, especially with chunky peanut butter, for extra crunch. Too hot for my son, not hot enough for DH, but just perfect for me! Definitely a keeper!