Peanut Sesame Noodles
The secret to this Chinese favorite is not to let the noodles sit in the sauce very long — toss them together a few seconds before serving. COOKS NOTES: Think about adding julienned carrots and cucumber. You may also like to add a bit more vinegar, sesame oil,garlic and soy sauce for tang! Great leftovers too!!
- Ready In:
For peanut dressing
- 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1 medium garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes
For noodle salad
- 3⁄4 lb dried linguine, fini or 3/4 lb spaghetti
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/8-inch-thick strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1/8-inch-thick strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/8 inch thick strips
- 2 celery ribs, thin slices
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- Puree dressing ingredients in a blender until smooth, about 2 minutes, then transfer to a large bowl.
- Cook pasta in a 6- to 8-quart pot of boiling salted water until tender. Drain in a colander, then rinse well under cold water.
- Add pasta, scallions, bell peppers, and sesame seeds to dressing, tossing to combine, and serve immediately.