- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups peas, canned (or frozen, thawed)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, snipped (or 1 t. dried dill weed)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt (omit if serving warm)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute' onion and garlic in oil until tender. Remove from heat.
- 2. Stir in peas, broth, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper.
- 3. Place half of the mixture at a time in a blender; cover and process until pureed.
- At this point, return to saucepan and heat thoroughly.
- * If serving cold, add all the pureed mixture to the blender and add the yogurt; puree until smooth. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.