Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
For those people (such as my husband) who are not too fond of the intense tomato flavor found in many pasta dishes....this is for you. The ease of preparation is a big bonus for cooks, too. An Italian cookbook that has been in my collection for almost fifty years includes this recipe.
- 1 lb mild Italian sausage
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄4 cups light cream
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 10 ounces cooked hot pasta, your choice
- In large skillet, cook sausage, peppers, onion and garlic until meat is browned and vegetables are tender.
- Drain off fat, if necessary.
- Stir in cream, parsley, marjoram, salt and pepper.
- Bring to boiling, reduce heat.
- Cook and stir over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Toss sausage mixture and cheese with pasta until coated.
- Serve immediately.
I have made this several times because honestly "I LOVE THIS SAUSAGE AND PEPPERS RECIPE!". I do suggest adding cherry or grape tomatoes which adds a nice color and great flavor.
NICE !!! This was a great pasta dish !!! I really enjoyed the creamyness of the sauce . I made this exactly as written but , I might consider adding a touch of tomato paste (a tablespoon or so ) next time just to see if it brightens the flavor a bit ! It was very good !!
This was just OK for me but has potential. The only change I made was to substitute evaporated milk for the cream. Found it to quite bland so next time I will play around with the spices. Red pepper flakes for one comes to mind. May try roasting or grilling the veggies separately as well. Thanks NoSpringChicken this does have potential.