John's Killer Sausage and Peppers
This is something that John enjoys cooking when it's his turn, it's great with a glass of wine. You can serve it as a sandwich or over pasta.
- Ready In:
- 4 Italian sausages
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into strips
- 1 green pepper, cut into strips
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 vidalia onion, cut into strips
- 1⁄2 jar marinara sauce
- 1⁄2 cup red wine, i use merlot
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch oregano
- oil (for sauteing)
- butter, just a bit
- Boil the sausages, drain.
- Brown the sausages in a little bit of butter.
- Saute the peppers and onions in a little bit of oil.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer 5-10 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Pour the sauce over the sausages and serve with crusty bread.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation