Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I lost my favorite passover muffin recipe. But this one from Frances AvRutnick's classic 'The Complete Passover Cookbook' is pretty good and is quicker and easier than my favorite.
- In a medium-sized bowl mix the matzah meal with the salt and the sugar.
- Add boiling water and mix well. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Add oil and eggs. Mix thoroughly.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin cups and bake at 400 degrees F. for 30-40 minutes, until golden brown.
- Variation: For jam-filled muffins, spoon batter ito muffin cups and place 1/2 teaspoon of jam or preserves in center of each muffin. The jam will sink to become a filling.