Orange & Poppy Seed Cake With Cream Cheese Frosting
photo by Aleigha Nicole
- Ready In:
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon orange, Rind
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 100 g almond meal
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1⁄4 cup wholemeal plain flour
- 1⁄2 wholemeal self-rising flour
- 250 g cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon orange rind
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Beat eggs and sugar in a bowl.
- Sift in flour and mix to combine.
- Add orange rind, carrot, almond meal and poppy seeds and stir together.
- Spoon mixtue into a cake tin lined with baking paper.
- Cook for 20 minutes or untill golden and cooked through the center. Check with a metal skwerer or knive.
- For frosting mix all ingrediants in a bowl until no lumps and spread with a knive over the top of cake after it has had time to cool.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!