Easy one pan meal, comfort food, great for those cold chilly days.
Make and share this Papa D’s Goulash recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb 85% lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice, do not drain
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup red wine
- 2 cups raw macaroni (cook per package directions)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Sauté onion in butter and oil till soft, add garlic and cook for about 1 minute, place in small bowl.
- Add ground beef to skillet and brown, put onion and garlic back into skillet with meat and add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce and beef broth, season with salt and pepper, stir well and simmer for about 2 hours with lid on stirring a few times.
- Stir in wine and simmer with lid off for 15 minutes then mix in cooked macaroni.