Cheddar Chicken and Peas Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1 lb rotini pasta, cooked and drained (Ronzoni Whole Wheat Pasta)
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut up (equalling 3 cups)
- 1 (4 ounce) can mushrooms, sliced and drained
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) package green peas, thawed (freezer section)
- 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 (10 ounce) can cheese soup (98% fat free, if available)
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced (sold in supermarkets by the jar)
- 1 (8 ounce) package low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet, saute the chicken, onion and mushroom in the oil until done.
- In a large bowl, combine the already cooked rotini, green peas, milk, soup, salt, pepper, minced garlic and 1/2 of the cheddar cheese.
- Add the chicken mixture; stir to combine and pour into a greased 3 quart baking dish/pan.
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake in the preheated 350°F oven for 25 min or until hot and bubbly.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!