Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a copycat crockpot recipe for P F Chang's Pepper Steak (Black pepper-garlic sauce marinated flank steak, onions and bell peppers).
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef sirloin
- 4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon (1 cube)
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeds removed
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds removed
- 0.5 (7 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, with liquid
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Combine garlic powder and black pepper in a medium bowl. Cut beef across the grain into 1 1/2 inch long and 1 inch wide cubes. Mix with garlic powder/black pepper mixture and set aside. Slice bell peppers and onion into cubes. Dissolve bouillon in hot water and mix in cornstarch until dissolved.
- Heat a wok or large skillet over medium heat. Heat the oil to hot and brown the seasoned beef cubes. Transfer stir fried meat to a crock pot. Give a quick stir to bouillon mixture and pour into the slow cooker.
- Stir in onion, bell peppers, stewed tomatoes, soy sauce, sugar and salt. Cover and cook on High for 3 to 4 hours or cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours. Remove and serve crock pot pepper steak with rice or noodles.