Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe from The Church Potluck Supper Cookbook.
- 7 1⁄2 lbs inexpensive steaks (london broil or blade steak)
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 cups catsup
- 2 cups vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut steaks in equal portions. Brown on both sides in oil. Put into roasting pans.
- Fry onion in skillet. Add rest of ingredients to onion. Simmer 5 minutes. Pour over steaks.
- Cover and roast at 350 for 2-2 1/2 hours.