Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This fish is so easy to prepare and tastes great!
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2⁄3 cup crushed corn flakes
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb haddock fillets or 1 lb the fish, of choice
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine flour and pepper in a shallow bowl.
- In a second bowl, combine egg and water.
- In a third bowl, combine corn flakes, cheese and cayenne.
- Dredge fish in flour mixture, then egg mixture and coat with corn flakes.
- Place fish fillets on a baking sheet that has been coated with a nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake at 425°F for 10-15 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
This is a great recipe. It's easy, fast, and tastes great. I made this using Talapia and cornflour in place of flour. I also added some garlic powder to the cornflake/parmesan cheese mix. I'll definitely make these again.
This was very good. My husband even ate it cold! The cornflakes keep it nice and crispy. I, too, used tilapia, and it turned out great. Insteand of cayenne I used paprika. Not being sure of the amount of spice involved, I didn't add any extra, but next time I will, as I feel it needs a little extra kick. Does not reheat well in the microwave, but very few fish do. Thanks for a great recipe that I will definitely make again!
This was delicious and easy. The fish was crispy on the outside, moist and tender on the inside. Both of my kids loved it. I added about 1/2 t. seasoned salt to the flour mixture and skipped the cayenne (my kids don't like to much spice).