Oven Baked Salmon
This lovely baked salmon never lasts too long in our household. My DH absolutely loves salmon and I have cooked it many ways over the years for him. This recipe is one of his favorites cooked in the oven with dried parsley, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh salmon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 lemon, cut into thin slices, seeds removed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 -2 tablespoon dried parsley
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Run salmon under cold water and pat dry with paper towels, set aside.
- In a large oven-proof baking dish add 3 tablespoons of olive oil and place the salmon in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle the fish with the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add in this order. The lemon juice, black pepper, kosher salt, dried parsley and place the lemon slices on top of the salmon.
- Cover with foil and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45minutes or until cooked through and tender.
- Serve with long grained rice and steamed asparagus.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
Wow! This wasn't a planned meal . I had salmon that we need to use. I wanted to bake it and I looked up this recipe. I had everything and instead of dried parsley I used fresh thyme sprigs. 45 min later it was something special when my twin teenagers gobbled it down and said that was the best salmon ever. We usually cook it on the grill and have leftovers. Not tonight!