Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Believe it or not, this soup only takes about 10 minutes on the stove!
- 2 (779.61 g) can beef broth
- 59.14 ml dry sherry
- 78.07 ml sliced celery
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 14.79 ml soy sauce
- 59.14 ml drained sliced water chestnuts
- 4 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 198.44 g package frozen pea pods
- scallion, curls for garnish
- In saucepan, combine first 6 ingredients. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 3 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and pea pods. Simmer 2 minutes.
- Garnish with scallion curl and serve.
"Souper" delicious! Reminded us a lot of sizzling rice soup but w/o the rice. I used chicken broth instead of beef, added carrots, and added some chicken breast poached in a little of the broth before adding the vegs and the rest of the broth. Fabulous and so quick I could hardly believe it! Thanks so much for sharing, Jackie! Made for Everyday is a Holiday tag game.