Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Another great way to "hide" asparagus from those who don't like it. (Like some in my family). ;) From Taste of Home.
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 fresh boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into strips
- 1⁄4 lb fresh asparagus spear, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 small sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1⁄4 cup water
- hot cooked rice
- In a medium bowl, combine 1 tablespoon cornstarch and salt. Add chicken and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate.
- Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat over medium high heat.
- Add asparagus; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minutes. Add pepper, onion, garlic, oyster sauce and sesame oil.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until vegetables are crisp-tender; about 3 minutes.
- Remove from skillet; set aside.
- Put chicken in skillet and cook, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes or until juices run clear. Add chicken broth, 1 tablespoon at a time, if needed to prevent over-browning or sticking. When chicken is cooked, add remaining broth and water chestnuts to skillet.
- Combine remaining cornstarch and water; add to skillet. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened.
- Return vegetables to skillet and heat.
- Serve with cooked rice.