1/1 Photo of Oriental BBQ Spareribs
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 30 mins
BBQ with an Asian flair. A sweet and savory sauce. I got this recipe from my mother who is a great cook. Don't be put off by the oyster sauce it isn't fishy at all. There were no amounts for the ginger and garlic so I put down what I put in. You can cut back on the ginger and garlic or add more to your taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil spareribs with half of the ginger for 1 hour.
- 2Drain and cut between ribs.
- 3Mix rest of ingredients adding food coloring if desired.
- 4Charbroil, or grill till heated through, or bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- 5Sauce may be used for chicken or pork.
- 6Most large grocery stores carry oyster sauce.
- 7I used this sauce to cook chicken drummettes, just mixed up the sauce and added it to the uncooked chicken then simmered it for 30 minutes. It turned out great.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oriental BBQ Spareribs
Serving Size: 1 (391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2116.1
- Calories from Fat 1238
- Total Fat 137.6 g
- Saturated Fat 50.4 g
- Cholesterol 548.5 mg
- Sodium 3904.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 71.6 g
- Protein 137.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: