Cook1 hr 30 mins
BBQ with an Asian flair. A sweet and savory sauce. I got this recipe from my mother who is a great cook. Don't be put off by the oyster sauce it isn't fishy at all. There were no amounts for the ginger and garlic so I put down what I put in. You can cut back on the ginger and garlic or add more to your taste.
- Boil spareribs with half of the ginger for 1 hour.
- Drain and cut between ribs.
- Mix rest of ingredients adding food coloring if desired.
- Charbroil, or grill till heated through, or bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Sauce may be used for chicken or pork.
- Most large grocery stores carry oyster sauce.
- I used this sauce to cook chicken drummettes, just mixed up the sauce and added it to the uncooked chicken then simmered it for 30 minutes. It turned out great.