Rudolph's Barbecue Spareribs
One of my most missed things about Minnesota is a regular visit to Rudolph's Barbecue. Now, I have a piece of Minnesota heaven in Ohio! You have to try these! Instead of broiling in the last step, you can throw these on the grill as well.
- Ready In:
- 7hrs 45mins
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 lbs spareribs
- To prepare rib marinade, mix all of the above ingredients. Yield 6 ounces.
- Coat a 2 pound slab of trimmed spare ribs with approximately two ounces of rib rub. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 6 to 24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place slab of spareribs bone side up on a cookie sheet.
- Cook for one hour, turn slab over and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and preheat broiler. Place slab on broiler pan bone side up.
- If desired, brush slab with Bar-B-Que sauce. (Rudolph's if it is available in your area)Broil bone side up approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Turn slab over and broil additional 2 minutes.