Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Cook time includes marinating time!
- 1 lb asparagus, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Cook the asparagus in a small amount of water until crisp tender, about 4 minutes.
- Drain well and place in a large bowl.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and pour over asparagus; toss to coat.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Drain before serving.
This salad has a very nice, light taste with just the right blend of ingredients which create a delightfully Asian flavor. So very easy to prepare using Stepanie's directions. Thank you, Stephanie!
I made this recipe over the summer at a baby shower I was helping prepare food for. Finally found this and hoped it was the same. Yes Yes Yes. This recipe got so many compliments and I took all the undue credit!!! I added a tsp more sugar and a dash of red pepper flakes for fun. Great buffet salad. Very tasty. Thanks Kiki Lissa Sheehy
This is a very tasty cold salad. I made it for Easter and everyone enjoyed it as a nice alternative to lettuce. I made it the night before and marinated in a zip-lock bag. I simply drained and put in a serving dish the next day.