Baked Herb-Crusted Chicken Breasts
I found this in Bon Apetit magazine a few months ago. We love it. Note: the prep time includes marinating time.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain breadcrumbs
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- lemon wedge
- Using meat mallet, pound chicken breasts between sheets of plastic wrap to 1/2- 3/4 inch thickness.
- Arrange chicken in 15 X 10 X 2 inch glass baking dish.
- Pour lemon juice over.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from dish and pat dry with paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Melt butter with oil in small saucepan over medium heat; cool slightly.
- Mix breadcrumbs, basil, parsley, rosemary, salt and pepper in pie dish.
- Brush chicken breasts on both sides with with melted butter mixture.
- Coat chicken on both sides with breadcrumb mixture.
- Place chicken on baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, until chicken is cooked through and breadcrumbs are golden, about 20 minutes.
- (Test to make sure) Transfer to plates and dress with lemon wedges.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation