Pecan and Panko Crusted Chicken Breasts
So easy, get everything ready ahead of time including coating the breasts then refrigerate the chicken until you want to cook it! - Takes 20 minutes to cook! This recipe is from Bon Appetit August 2006 tweaked a tad by me. We enjoyed it. Panko crumbs are available at most Oriental Super markets. There won't be a lot of sauce just enough to drizzle over the breasts
- Ready In:
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup pecans, freshly chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄2 cup shallot, minced
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt & pepper.
- Mix panko crumbs with the chopped Pecans.
- Melt 2 tbsp butter in an oven proof skillet (that will be large enough to accommodate the 4 breasts) & melt butter over low heat.
- Paint the breasts with the butter and coat them with the panko/nut mixture.
- Heat the skillet over medium heat and put in the breasts
- Sauté the chicken until brown on the bottom, flip breasts and place the skillet in the preheated 400°F oven.
- Bake until the breasts are done approx 18 minutes, depending on the size of the breasts.
- Remove chicken to a platter and keep warm.
- Remove any bits & pieces from the skillet.
- Add remaining 2 tbsp butter to the skillet & sauté the shallots approx 1 minute, add the broth approx 1 minute.
- Add parsley.
- Drizzle sauce over the chicken & serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Enjoyed this dish but made a minor tweak that I think would have helped the previous reviewer as well. I cooked the shallots over a low heat in the butter for about 10 min rather than the 1 min as suggested in the recipe. We also had the sauce on the side rather than drizzling on the top (my son is into "dipping" sauces). Went great with broiled cauliflower. Thanks for sharing!1Reply